Are you an undergraduate student who is interested in submitting your work to a professional research journal? Fields: journal of Huddersfield student research is a yearly publication, which showcases outstanding research from all seven schools within the university. Submissions can be in the form of a journal article or even a collection of poetry, music scores, photographs or a case study. To take part, get in touch with your dissertation/project tutor, or visit the Fields website to contact a member of the editorial team to see how you could be published in this year’s edition.
Benefits of getting published:
- Raise the profile of your work and get interest and feedback from other academics and professionals.
- Gain experience of the publishing process and a professional publication to enhance your CV.
- Benefit from the support of a professional team through a writing retreat and drop in advice session.
- Receive a £400 bursary upon submission of your final article.
How to get involved
- Visit the website to read up on last year’s volume.
- Read the Submission and Notes for Contributors pages to find out about the process and format.
- Contact your dissertation/project tutor and tell them you are interested in submitting your work to Fields.
Once you have contacted a member of our editorial team, or your tutor, they will put you in touch with the publishing team to find out about the submission, review and publishing process.
Publishing in Fields is a fantastic opportunity to take your studies and degree to the next level, the Fields journal is an accredited, well-respected publication, that encourages its authors to aspire to more –check out our blog posts from previous Fields authors to find out what they thought of the opportunity.